3 House Plants to Improve Indoor Oxygen
And Remove Toxic Chemicals From Indoor Air
- Oxygen is the most important Nutrient for the Human body.
- A man can live 15 days without food, 3 days without water and only 3 minutes with ought oxygen.
- Contrary to what we may think, unfortunately the indoor air may be actually worse than outside air. This is because of all the printed material, furniture, paint, moping and cleaning agents and other chemicals being used in the closed environment of the house.
- The most important need today is to understand and get sensitised to this danger to our health.
- Some of the chemicals found in a common house air are formaldehydes, benzene, xylene, carbon monoxide and Carbon Dioxide.
- We also must become aware that these toxins are synthetic and our bodies do not know how to metabolise them. They remain in our bodies for as much as 40 years! silently causing havoc to our health and the health of our dear ones.
The Best indoor plants that are good to clean the house air of all the above chemicals are:
- Money Plant
- Mother In-Laws Tongue
- Areca Palm
These plants survive for long time Inside the house and need little watering and Little care.
Money Plant: Epipremnum Oureum
Removes Formaldehydes and other volatile chemicals
Mother In Laws Tongue: Sansevieria
Converts Co2 to Oxygen at night. It is therefore very suitable to keep in the bedroom
Areca Palm (Chrysalidocarpus lutescens)
Converts Carbon Dioxide to Oxygen during the day
These plants are very hardy plants and require minimum care.
1.Wipe leaves every day
2. Water sparingly
3. Take them out for 2-4 days each month.
These plants are so efficient that If a person is sealed in an air tight room with 6 of each plant, he will survive all his life!