Do you feel like you have absolutely no time to think about or plan the food that you eat every day? No time for the supermarket? No time to take care of your body, mind and soul? Chances are you are now running on empty…
7 Quick Tips for a Healthy Body:
- Eat a small handful of raw seeds and/or nuts every day. If you’re going to buy anything from the supermarket to snack on, let it be raw seeds and nuts… do not go for the chips and cookies!
- Eat fresh fruit two times a day. Vary the color of the fruits: think red, green and orange for example, and alternate between grapes/berries, apples/pears and oranges/mandarins.
- Many of you eat out most of the time, so it’s important that you order right. As a rule of thumb, always fill half your plate with vegetables, and a quarter each of protein and good carbs. Make sure you choose vegetables in a variety of different colors (green, red, orange, yellow…).
- Choose good sources of protein, and try to include oily fish such as salmon and tuna two times a week. Avoid red meat as much as possible; keep it to once a week (or less!), and choose very lean cuts.
- Chew your food well, until it becomes soft and almost liquid. This will help enormously with your digestion, and you will eat less!
- Be religious about your water intake! It’s your most vital nutrient, so make sure you consume 6-8 glasses of water a day. Cut your coffee and sodaintake, and replace it with tea and vegetable juices. At a business lunch, for example, you can order a Virgin Bloody Mary instead of a diet Coke, and tea instead of a coffee.
- Avoid sugary and rich/fried food, and keep away from the bread and butter basket at restaurants… save the calories for real healthy food!
(Source : http://www.mindbodygreen.com/14-Easy-Tips-for-a-Healthy-Mind-Body.html)